During PBM, photons enter the tissue and trigger a biological cascade of events that leads to an increase in cellular metabolism to heal the body naturally form inside out.
Areas we treat:
Musculoskeletal & Neurological Conditions
- Sports injuries
- Tendon & ligament injuries (Tendonitis & Fasciitis)
- Frozen shoulder
- Muscle sprains & strains
- Disc disease
- Joint Pain
- Neuralgia & Neuropathies
- Benign lesions & rashes
- Post-Operative sites
… and more.
MLS (Multi- Wave Locked System) Laser Therapy is a deep tissue penetrating red light (905 nm + 808 nm) that stimulates Normal Cell Function. Cleared by the FDA since 2002 this non-surgical form of therapy converts light into biochemical energy that results in healing.
No Side Effects
Quick & Convenient
Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
10 Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
1. Anti-Inflammatory & Anti-Swelling: vasodilation and activation of the lymphatic drainage system to drain swollen areas.
2. Analgesic: blocks pain transmitted by nerve cells and allows for production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalins from the brain and adrenal gland.
3. Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: damaged cells are repaired faster by accelerating normal cellular reproduction and growth.
4. Improved Vascular Activity: increases the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue.
5. Increases Metabolic Activity: creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
6. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
7. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: especially following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
8. Improved Nerve Function: Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increases the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing resulting in improved numbness, pain, and function.
9. Immunoregulation: Laser emissions result in production of ATP, which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions, boosting the immunoglobulins and lymphocytes of the immune system.
10. Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates collagen production to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries, such as effective post surgical, open wounds and burns.
Request a FREE Evaluation Session by one of our Certified Physicians
Frequently Asked Questions
<> Can it be used with other forms of treatment?
<> How do I know if laser therapy is right for me?
We will evaluate your condition and perform a complete laser therapy examination to determine if you are a candidate for this procedure. Call us to schedule your evaluation or a consultation with one of the doctors. Consultations are always at no cost to the patient.
<> What is unique about MLS Laser Therapy?
<> Does it hurt? What does a treatment feel like?
There is little or no sensation during treatment. Laser treatment is relaxing, and some people even fall asleep.
<> What is a typical treatment?
<> How long before results are felt?
You may feel improvement in your condition (usually pain reduction) after the 1 to 3 treatments. For some more chronic conditions it may take up to 6 visits to feel the benefits of laser therapy. Not everyone responds to laser therapy and results cannot be guaranteed.
<> Are the results long lasting?
<> Can laser therapy be used over medical implants or over metal?
Yes, laser therapy is a light treatment. No heating is involved with the surgical or metal implants. It can be used safely with no side effects. It is extremely effective for post-operative wound healing.
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) Class 3B
These lasers use very low power, are limited to surface biostimulation, and often require many treatment sessions and long treatment times. Results are only achieved at the end of the treatment cycle, and results are limited because of the use of only one or two wavelengths that are not synchronized.
High Power (HP) Class IV
These lasers were developed with the expectation that greater power corresponded to better efficiency. On the contrary, unless suitably controlled, high power can thermally damage the treated tissue. Therefore, the majority of high power lasers cannot operate at their maximum power without causing damage.
Multiwave Locked System (MLS) Class IV
MLS Laser Therapy is a patented emission system created to achieve an efficient and simultaneous effect on pain, contracture, inflammation, and edema within a short period of time. The patented control system that generates the MLS pulse synchronizes the emissions to achieve optimum results. Due to this characteristic synchronization, the various therapeutic effects not only take place at the same time, but reciprocally reinforce each other, without the risk of thermal damage.
The innovative and patented Multiwave Locked System (MLS) Therapy Laser was developed in an effort to produce an efficient and simultaneous effect on pain, inflammation, and edema, exceeding the limits of traditional LLLT (low power) and concerns of HP (high power) laser therapy. MLS technology delivers therapeutic wavelengths, 808nm (anti-edemic and anti-inflammatory) and 905nm (analgesic). An energetic synergy is created when delivering these wavelengths that produces greater anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects than either can produce on its own, while minimizing the risk of thermal damage. It is this unique combination and synchronization of continuous and pulsed emissions that characterizes MLS and distinguishes it from other Class IV lasers.
Unlike early-generation Class IV technology, MLS Laser Therapy has the capability to deliver controlled laser energy. This unique feature provides more accurate therapeutic dose delivery, which means consistent and repeatable results.