George Zdravkov M.D. (Bulgaria), D.Sc./ L.Ac.
- Bulgaria: Medical University (MD), Residency in Neurology and Sub-specialty in Radiology.
- USA: Midwest College of Oriental Medicine (Racine, Wisconsin); Harvard AcupunctureChina: Longhua Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 2014.
- Sri Lanka: Doctor of Science & Visiting Professor in the Open International University of Complimentary Medicine.
Fascinated by the potential of complementary medicine, he has been fusing Eastern and Western medical modalities in treating patients for over 20 years. Utilizing his personal research and bioenergy diagnostics, Dr. Zdravkov has published four books and seven articles focusing on fundamental theories in traditional Chinese medicine, as well as on the connection between traditional Chinese medicine and Western medicine. His latest book, Qigong Hand Diagnostics: The Method of Bioenergetic Diagnostics will be available on Amazon.com in 2018.
Dimitrina Vizinas, DO
- Specialties: Board Certified in Family Medicine.
- Interests: Functional Medicine, Nutrition, Medical Acupuncture.
- Bachelors: Loyola University Chicago, Dual Bachelors in Biology and Psychology.
- Doctorate: Midwestern University/Chicago College of Osteopathic medicine.
- Residency & Chief: Advocate Lutheran General Hospital/Family Medicine.
- Fellowship: University of Arizona/Integrative Medicine Fellowship.
- Fellowship: IFM/ Functional Medicine Fellowship.
- Homeopathy Training: CEDH.
- Medical Acupuncture: HELMs Institute.
Dr. Vizinas has worked diligently over the years to expand her medical knowledge. She firmly believes that the power to heal lies within everyone but it sometimes just needs a little nudge. She works with her clients to create comprehensive and personalized healing plans to the utmost detail. When she is not immersed in further training or patient care, you will find her spending time with her family.
Denka Yordanova, CMA/ CTA
- Specialties: Laboratory services, Quality improvement, Thermography Technician
Denka Yordanova is an experienced and dedicated individual and has worked in the medical field in both Europe and the USA for over a decade. Her core expertise lies in medical testing and quality, allowing us to offer a wide array of laboratory services to our patients.
Denka holds current certificates as Clinical Medical Assistant, Certified EKG Technician, Phlebotomist and a Certified Thermology Assistant. Denka is happiest when working in the lab. She is efficient, organized and treats every sample and patient with utmost care. She is an energetic and friendly member of our team, who always uses her valuable expertise to keep our patients healthy and on schedule.
Mila is a certified Clinical Medical Assistant. After many years as a Pharmacy Technician, she desired to work in the field of Integrative Medicine and become an Acupuncturist. She currently is a student at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in Chicago, Illinois.
Marylu is the newest addition to our staff. With extensive experience in the medical field, she has front desk duty, taking care of patient communication, scheduling appointments, and billing.
Vania Zdravkova, Office Manager
Vania Zdravkova oversees and manages the daily operations of the office, including scheduling patient appointments and coordinating patient care. Vania’s contributions to the practice and success of The Center for Integrative Medicine are invaluable.